Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Relentless!

This is our newest feral.  We've named her Jenny....the director on NCIS...We are working through the cast, naming our ferals after Kathy's favorite show.  Yes, we will eventually move on...and yes we will be giving opportunity for our supporters to name our sneuters...This little girl is the mousy little gray one that I first saw in Mrs. Gray's yard.  She has been elusive, but hunger got the better of her this morning.   I set the trap this morning, caught Tony, let him out and reset.  She was trapped and at the vet's office with 30 minutes of the 2nd set of the trap!  We only have one more sibling and the mama, Mrs. Gray to go before we move on to the next area.  I will be attempting to trap both mama and baby yet today.  We are at 7 now!!  Our goal was 10. We may not make it but it wont be for not trying!

Kathy's son is in the Navy on board the USS George Washington CVN73 Aircraft Carrier.  He is home ported in Japan, which means when he isn't at sea, his "home" is Atsugi, Japan.  Kathy has done some preliminary work with Bellevue University in Bellevue NE so that he can start school as soon as possible when he gets out.  Major obstacles didn't deter Kathy.  Jeff emailed and said " Mom, you're relentless!"  I never thought of myself in that way, but when I'm passionate about something...I guess you could call me that!

Look out Mrs. Gray, Im after you!