Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mrs. Gray and her Babies Emerge!

This morning I finally saw Mrs. Gray's babies!  I replaced the food and water dishes with fresh and when I turned around, there were 3 of them at the corner of the house, peering at me, waiting for me to leave so they could feast!  I didn't have my camera, so I thought I'd go back this afternoon and put a little more food out and maybe get some pics to share.

This little one seems to be the bravest!  Isn't it cute???? Two others were right around the corner, patiently or not, waiting for me to leave.
I, however decided to go around the house from the front and see where they were hiding.  I think I just found their "house".  I'm thinking they must live under the porch and this little gray one is sunning him/herself on the front porch!


She/he did decide to wake up and take a longing look at the food across the yard, so I decided to leave.



One final look at the feeding station revealed that Mama, Mrs. Gray decided to show up and have supper!

I actually gained a LOT of info today.  There are at least 3 babies, maybe 4.  I 'thought' I saw 3 blacks, but the baby sunning itself is definitely gray.  They are all definitely eating and they do indeed live at the green house, under the back porch.  They are about 2 1/2 to 3 months old. 

All this to say...the trap goes out tomorrow.  I will place it next to where they have been eating and put a small dish of food inside.  My hopes are they will gain some trust in the trap and in a few days, I will attempt to trap one.

Also I worked downtown today for Cheryl.  She has a donation can on her counter and I got $5 from it today!  Yay!!

If you are reading this blog and your heart is melting for the welfare of these sweet kitties, would you please consider "Chipping IN" to help us take care of them???  If you dont have paypal, you can send a check to WIFCaP  PO Box 244, Walnut, IA  51577 

Thank you in advance for being an advocate for these helpless animals.