Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spring is in the Air!

Spring is in the air!  Its still cold out, but you can feel it...and so can the animals!  My indoor kitties are "frisky"!  Tearing around a little more than usual.  Ricky tries to slide out the door every time I open it.  I think they all have cabin fever...
I also have noticed that our town feral cats are getting amourus.  I know its time to begin trapping.  We may try this Thursday night.  We will put a trap in Sow-a-Seed's Courtyard.  If sucessful, we will take the kitty in for its neutering or spay on Friday morning.  This is always nervewracking.  I want to do it, but I hate scaring the cats.
"A Little Did ya Know about Cats"
Just like about everyone else, cats enjoy a home that feels safe and offers no surprises, which is why establishing a daily routine is essential.  Setting meal, play and sleep times whenever possible should be a priority! Meow!